From Missouri Digital News: https://mdn.org
1996 Senate Roll Calls
- CCS HB 1207 (05/16/1996): Senate 3rd read tougher environmental regulation over large hog-raising operations.
- SS HS HB 1320 (05/16/1996): Senate 3rd read bill to impose additional requirements on abortion clinics.
- CCS SB 722 (05/17/1996): Senate 3rd read zero alcohol tolerance for drivers under age 21.
- SS HCS HB 800 (05/17/1996): Senate motion to instruct conference committee to include in HB 800 a ban on partial-birth abortion.
- CCS HB 1301 (05/17/1996): Senate 3rd read "Safe Schools" that creates crime of teacher assault and gives schools tools to deal with violent students.
- SB 876 (05/16/1996): Sensate 3rd read require board members appointed by governor to be Missouri residents.
- SS2 HB 1320 (05/15/1996): Senate adoption of alternative abortion bill offered by the Senate's women members.
- CCS SB 974 (05/13/1996): Senate 3rd read bill to impose tougher penalties on repeat predatory sex offenders.
- SS HS HB 1207 (05/13/1996): Senate 3rd read bill to impose stronger environmental regulations on large hog-producing operations.
- SB 895 (05/10/1996): Senate 3rd read of bill that would state Missouri will not recognize same-sex marriages.
- SCS HS 1301 (05/9/1996): Senate 3rd read "Safe Schools" bill providing tougher provisions to handle violent students in school.
- SB 895 (05/08/1996): Senate perfection of bill that would state Missouri will not recognize same-sex marriages.
- SA 1 HS HB 832 (05/07/1996): Require voter approval for any change by legislature in riverboat gambling laws previously approved by voters.
- SB 505 (05/02/1996): Senate 3rd reads bill to ban state funding for sports & convention centers.
- SB 805 (05/02/1996): Senate 3rd reads bill to create college scholarship in environment for minorities.
- SCS HCS HB 904 (04/30/1996): Senate 3rd read require health insurance cover childhood immunization.
- SCS HS HB 1069 (04/30/1996): Senate 3rd read require health insurance provide minimum hospital stay for new mothers.
- SA 1 SS SB 831 (04/39/1996): Senate amendment to tobacco-sales regulation bill to continue to let local communities adopt their own, tougher sales ordinances.
- SB 898 (04/03/1996): Senate 3rd Reading of bill to repeal limits on retail credit charge rates.
- SCS SB 679 (03/27/1996): Senate perfection of bill to allow concealed weapons (defeated).
- SA 10 SB 679 (03/27/1996): Senate amendment to let St. Louis and Kansas City areas exempt themselves from the concealed weapons bill.
- SA 1 SB 679 (03/26/1996): Senate approves amendment to put concealed weapons proposal on the statewide ballot in August.
- CCS HB 1047 (03/06/1996): Senate passes and sends to governor speed-limit bill.
- SCS SB 613 (03/06/1996): Senate 3rd reads banning apartment owners from charging tenants extra fee for CATV access.
- SR 839 (03/05/1996): Senate approves rule restricting senators from accepting gifts from lobbyists.
- SCS SB 533 (02/28/1996): Senate third reads requiring insurance provide minimum hospital stay for delivery.
- SJR 32 (02/28/1996): Senate 3rd reads creating a Department of Aging.
- SR 830 (02/22/1996): Senate delays vote on lobbyist gift ban by sending it to committee.
- SB 491 (02/21/1996): Senate 3rd reads extending animal abuse law to non-mammals.
- SJR 32 (02/20/1996): Senate perfects constitutional amendment to create a Department of Aging.
- SS HB 1047 (02/14/1996): Senate 3rd reads substitute letting highway speeds jump to 70 mph.
- SB 629 (01/31/1996): Senate reconsiders & 3rd reads tougher speed limit penalties it had defeated.
- SB 629 (01/25/1996): Senate 3rd reading of tougher speeding penalties (defeated).
Missouri Digital News is produced by Missouri Digital News, Inc. -- a non profit organization of current and former journalists.